Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rock the gift giving

There's a family member who is a musician and his birthday is coming up. 



All of us, kids, are going to pitch in to help him buy a certain instrument he's been wanting. 

It's really more of a sentimental gift. So he can have something from all of us. 

I made this little box as a way to present the cash we're going to collect for him. 

I went straight to the DCWV 5 pack special papers and mailer boxes which are both available at Joann stores.  I knew there was the guitar and star print in one of the packs. 

I used the DCWV guitar mirror stickers with the lightning bolts (also at J's).

The music notes are wood veneer which I inked silver and black. To finish it off, I added number washi tape around the edge of the box. 

...BUT...DCWV Mailer Boxes come in twos....
Here's what I did with the other one: 

This one was a gift for a friend. It had something delicious inside! 

  

I also used the DCWV premium 5 pack papers for this box along with DCWV pearls. 

Love how different these turned out and how easy it was to turn something simple into something special.

1 comment:

  1. The guitar box rocks! And I love the teal heart box - the color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!