Give Thanks

I got one of those plastic, hollow half pumpkins at Michaels and I knew I wanted to make a decoration for fall, I didn't know exactly what I was going to make, but I knew I wanted it to light up. That part of crafting is so much fun! Knowing that you want to work with something without having every detail planned. 



I designed the cut file with the brother ScanNCut Canvas online tool.
I used some fonts and shapes provided as well as some files designed by Wilna Furstenberg

I cut it on to a gold paper from the DCWV Mercury glass stack and backed it with a brown orange tinted vellum from the DCWV Premium 5 Pack papers. 

I used a doily as a guide and layered leaves all around the edge. there is a mix of 99 cent store leaves, DCWV DIY Project pack of leaves and I tucked in some of the mercury glass cuts. 



Since I wanted my pumpkin lantern to light up, I placed 3 LED tealights inside but I needed a way to take them in and out to turn them on and off. I used a couple of these Tombow fastener tabs, I just cut them in half lengthwise and width wise and placed them where the edge of the pumpkin meets the paper. now I can remove the paper easily!


Here it is, lit up! I'm so pleased it worked out! 

I'll use it as a decoration on a little buffet table I have, maybe at the thanksgiving table...if there's room!  Have a wonderful end of the week!

Comments

  1. Wow! You are so creative! You thought of everything for this project and it really shows. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop