Fabric yo yo flowers and sneak peek

I am thrilled to be guest designer for Crafter's Companion USA challenge blog!
This month's challenge is May Flowers. I'm going to show you how to make fabric yo yo flowers so you can add them to your creations. It's very simple and they are beautiful!
Here's a peek of my project:



Here is how I made my fabric yo yo flowers: 

I cut a square, that was about 4x4:


I folded it in half and then in half again: 

Holding it with the open sides up, I cut from the bottom right corner to the upper left corner:

When I opened it, I had a circle:

Then I stitched close to the edge, as evenly as I could: 
Then I pulled the thread:

Flattened and adjusted it the way I like it. Then secure it with a knot:
It turned out about 2 in. Half the size of the square.
 

For my project I wanted colors I didn't have, so I misted some white fabric circles:


I used Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Sunflower, Waterslide and Honeydew.

You can layer the flowers with different elements, buttons, brads, gems and other flowers. Have fun!

Hope you give it a try, be sure to leave me a link. I'd love to take a look at your yo yo flowers!

I'll see you back here for a full reveal of my project on May 21st ;)








Comments

  1. Those are adorable! I don't think I could make them if I tried. You did do a great tutorial though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tutorial - I like to make yoyos too - should make more of them really! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your guest spot!!! Thanks for the tute! I really want to try these now!

    Thanks for your sweet words on my blog too! It means a lot! I'm a new follower of yours now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!