Scor-Pal & DCWV Cross Promotion Week

Hi Everyone,
DCWV and Scor-Pal have teamed up for a week of cross promotion and inspiration. I can't wait to see all the other projects out there!

Here's mine:
I recently started working at a new school and my co-workers have been extremely helpful. I wanted to get them a little treat to express my gratitude. So I decided to make this little box to fill with treats. It fits 3 regular size cupcakes...or cupcake liners anyway.


I was inspired by an aluminum foil box that was decorated into a mini muffin container. I thought that was great, but I don't like baking. Don't get me wrong. I love freshly baked treats! (if someone else bakes them)
But, I also LOVE chocolate. My favorite is a Bridge Mix by a certain chocolate company. So I thought I would put that in the box instead.

 

I used my Scor-Pal score board, Scor-tape and the Autumn Melody stack and solid cardstock stack by DCWV. You can find Autumn Melody at Joann stores right now.

 




 

Here's how I made the box: 


I used a 12x12 piece of cardstock and scored it at 3", 6" and 9" 
Then I turned it around and scored it at 2" and 10"


I creased all the folds and cut the folds on the 2" borders. I decided which end was the top and cut tabs on  that one. 


Then I cut a 4.5"x 8" piece for the lid and creased at at 3". 


I cut 3"x 8" panels for the sides of the box 


I cut the panels and glued them on the box using scor-tape. I inked all the visible edges. That gives it a much neater look. 


I folded the box and glued the tabs down. The sides are also covered with the wood pattern paper. They are 3" squares. 


To insert the charm I made a knot in some embroidering floss and used a paper piercer to make the hole. Then, I inserted the needle with the floss and sewed on a little acorn from blue moon beads. 



After I sewed the charm, I put a coordinating piece of paper on the inside of the box lid that was white. It helped cover up the white and hide the knot that holds the bead. 

 

For the top, I hand cut that sentiment from the patterned paper and placed it on a piece of gold foil from the cardstock stack. I also made a paper ribbon by cutting the ribbon shape and then scoring it with the scor-pal board. 

 

Hope you enjoyed my little treat box. Give it a try, it's super easy!

















Comments

  1. OOOOOO I love easy peasy lemon squeezy. Thank you for sharing your box.. I am good with folding but I suck at measuring and cutting LOL!! I live for measurements bwahahahahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! That's a nice big box too! I may have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute box! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful...I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. I just love it. Thanks for sharing because I can hardly wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Thanks for the step by step instructions, this would make a cute gift for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your project I'll keep this for girts year around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop