Friends Canvas & Mini Tutorial

This canvas is for my friend. She's the most amazing person I've met. I made her this for Valentine's day :
 

She can either display it on an easel or hang it on the wall. 

I used DCWV's Solstice Stack which is at Joann's right now. 
I started by covering the canvas in paint, first gold, then pink, then added the sheet of paper. I LOVE DCWV paper because I can do this:  
This paper is from a different DCWV stack. Just for demonstration purposes ;)  
I mist the back of the paper and let the water soak in for a second. While its wet, I rubb off most of the white. I'm left with the beautiful pattern. When you use it like this, the paper will be somewhat sheer and you will be able to see some of whatever you place behind it. I love the random small tears it gets because it shows more of the background through. I use gel medium to attach it to my canvas. But any clear glue that doesn't buckle the paper should do.

After the paper, I added some streaks of white paint. I did all the painting and gluing with my fingers so you can imagine what my hands looked like afterwards!


I added these friendship quotes that are printed on clear backing (Quote stacks-DCWV deals). 
 This one had polka dots, so I went with it and stamped dots in the same colors on the entire canvas. 
Then I used more white paint over the whole thing.

This one is also from the quote stack. I backed it onto the new 6x6 adhesive fabric. The fabric has a sheer look  to it as well, which was perfect for my project. I double backed it behind the text so the delicate lettering would be more visible.

I love this sweet spot. I've been wanting to use it forever! (Sweet spot- Precocious paper)

I also used the adhesive fabric to secure the ribbon in the back. First I stapled it on the cavas, then I used a strip of the fabric to secure it better and neatly. You can see the sheer look of the fabric. I love it! I want to try misting on it and stamping with distress inks! 
 

...anyway...back to the canvas. I hope my friend likes it :) and I hope you give the 'rubbing off' technique a try ;) 

Hope you enjoyed your visit today :) 

 XOXO 
Karla


Comments

  1. Gorgeous and will have to try this technique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop