Best Day Shadow box


Here's what was on my little decoration table until recently...yup! snowman from the DCWV Christmas Creations stack. Well, here in Los Angeles, Ca, we're closer to spring...or summer than we are to winter. So time for new decor!


I'm using this new DCWV 8x8 shadow box you can find at Joann. They have an  unfinished wood frame and look great just as they are but it's so easy to customize their look. Inside, there is PLENTY of room for 3D elements. 
I used the new project stacks to decorate the inside. You can find these stacks at Joann stores.


 
The plain shadowbox looks beautiful as it is! 
However, it was going to blend in with the color of my wall, so I decided to paint it.

Here's some photos of the process: 


These are from the Birds and Butterflies Project stack. 
I used scor-tape on the body of the butterflies to attach them and folded up the wings to give them dimension.


The background is from the Stencils Project stack, the vellum quote is from the mini books stack and the feathers from the birds and butterlies stack.

Now on to the frame...
 

I painted the front and the edges of the frame with gold paint and then put a layer of white over the whole thing. The multi surface paint from plaid is awesome. I just needed one coat of white to cover the gold and unfinished wood.

 


 Here it is covered in white...


The little bow and the 'remember' arrow are also from the mini book stack. 


I sanded the white paint to expose the gold.


Then added more butterflies on the frame


I'm ready for spring!


View blog post for supplies

Comments

  1. S.U.P.E.R cute!!!! I love that paper feather to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!