Home made gifts

I thiink home made gifts are too special and time consuming to be given to just anyone. I try to give home made gifts only to people who are sentimental, show appreciation/display hand made cards/gifts, and/or are crafters themselves. One of my friends fits my criteria, so she got this book for Christmas. I hope she will enjoy completing it and looking at the finished product. 

 
 



Because she does craft, I left the book pretty plain and included some matching tags. 

I used a variety of DCWV stacks, including the 12x12 printed burlap, Story Book Christmas, 4x6 christmas and winter matstack, and last year's Christmas Made stack. I love to mix old and new products. We all have to tackle our stash and use out pretty paper, right? mixing old and new has never been a problem with DCWV stacks :) 

I also used the DCWV adhesive fabric stack to make the spine of the book. I folded the adhesive fabric into a accordion and sandwiched each fold with the book pages. I used the printed  burlap stack for the cover. But I covered the spine with the 12x12 burlap that does not have the paper backing. Let me know if you'd like more detailed instructions on how I did this ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Celebration Blog Candy! Enter Here!